So the last several weeks of me being unable to breathe properly; having shortness of breath and feeling winded, struggling to inhale and the resultant back pain, constant coughing, amd feeling miserably ill, was apparently a long asthma attack. I had not had my medication in years.
Sometimes would find me suffering worse than others, i could sleep but once i started trying to walk around & do things, i would be doubled over, trying to catch my breath. I tried so many ways to mitigate it.
I tried pouring cold water on the back of my head, stretching, using ricola, taking benadryl allergy, using a humidifyer, and lots of sleeping. All of which worked to some degree, temporarily.
Today, Sept. 27 2022, i was having a very bad day. I could not breathe, my back was in terrible pain, i could not do anything. Coughing and struggling, being doubled over in pain and misery, feeling faint. My husband whom had left for work suddenly came home and took me to the emergency room.
When we got there i walked in but immediately started having difficulty, when the lady behind the counter asked me what was wrong, i tried to tell her "can't breathe" but she could see i was in distress and got me a wheelchair. I sat and she wheeled me to triage, where i struggled to tell them what was wring and they became aware that i am pregnant, so off to labor and delivery they sent me to check on the baby.
They briefly monitored the baby, i could hear his heartbeat, then they put me on oxygen and wheeled me off to the e.r. room. I finally felt that amazing feeling of having air. Trying to describe the feeling of having no air, it feels like burning. Now i could breathe again, with the oxygen mask on.
They wheeled me into a room and a respiratory dr. came and gave me an asthma treatment, and i started to feel much, much better. They kept an eye on me and let me rest. I reposted a bunch of stuff on telegram in the meantime.
I was monitored for a few hours, the dr. explained some things about the lungs and asthma being autoimmune disease, and then prescribed me steroids and an inhaler. It really helps. I often need it when i get up.
https://telesco.pe/ViolenceIsLifePeaceIsDeath/6116
So now i can get back to life.
No comments:
Post a Comment